Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Vintage Curtains.

IMG_6208 by TinCanDaisy
IMG_6208, a photo by TinCanDaisy on Flickr.

I found a set of kitchen curtains in the salvos a long time ago and fell in love with the bright print. Many months later I came across the orange gingham in the same store and suddenly realised what I wanted to make out of them.....Kim pants with the little frills on the back.

I'm very happy with how these turned out, though of course now that I look at them I realise they'd look so much better with a false fly or a zip fly (scary!!), some belt loops and the waist band in the white curtain fabric. There wasn't enough to do the waist band in the curtain fabric though as I was only just able to get the front of the pants out of them and for that I had to unpick the curtain hem and leave off the gathered section that the Kim pants usually have.

4 comments:

Tas said...

I adore these. Just gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Love those pants!

Mrs MacOlsson said...

These are just so fabulous!

Unknown said...

Love, Love, Love these!