Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ooshka babushka

IMG_6203 by TinCanDaisy
IMG_6203, a photo by TinCanDaisy on Flickr.

I couldn't help myself.....I kept seeing all these gorgeous Ooshka's being made in blogland and had to join in the fun!

The fabric choices were not my own. I would have picked a bunch of florals and personally I think it's a bit of Ooshka overkill but hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder (and in this case the receiver). Besides, I am not the style police lol.

I did make a little alteration to the pattern and made this Ooshka a bit wider. I felt she needed to be a bit more cuddly and I'm happy with her width but next time I may make her longer too. I can't ever seem to make anything without altering it in some way. I've tried, but it's no good. I can't help myself.

I had to add the lace that frames her face as the face panel was fraying something terrible and I could see it would come off eventually. I also had to add the flowers as someone took to dollies face with a biro.....but all is well as the flowers add a cute touch.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I think she is gorgeous I know my DD would love one. Can you please tell me where did you buy the face panel?

And my Lulu would have chosen the same fabrics. LOL!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tin Can Daisy said...

Hi Clo, thank you for the lovely comment :)
I made her using the Ooshka Babushka pattern kit by the Red Thread. They have a website theredthread.com.au so if you visit them you be able to find an online seller. I actually found quite a few online sellers just by googling Ooshka Babushka, but they are in Australia and I'm not sure where you prefer to get things shipped from. I found mine just by chance in my local fabric store.
Good luck, I'd love to see your version if you make one up :)